Nice to meet you!
Click on each photo to learn more about a staff member.
The people of Shiloh are committed to being disciples, seeking disciples, and changing the world. They are anchored to the Bible and rooted in Wesleyan Methodist tradition. Shiloh will be a vital part of the Greater Jasper community's wellbeing. We will fulfill this vision by doing good in all possible ways so that people will know the love of God through our words and deeds.
1832 The earliest known church organization formed in the Jasper area was the Methodist Episcopal Church in 1832. A church was erected in 1839. The original building was replaced in 1846 with significant support from the “Irish Settlement” (now, Ireland, IN). Methodists faded view in Jasper but remained active and vital in surrounding areas.
1878 Ireland Methodist Episcopal Church began. The church and community would play a vital part in the birth of Shiloh United Methodist Church.
1986 Leaders from the Ireland United Methodist Church sought help from the Indiana Conference as participation in the church declined. Financial assistance was provided and the initial 10 acres of land for the church was purchased in the southeast corner of State Highway 56 and County Road 350 W.
1988 In June of 1988 Bishop Leroy Hodapp appointed Rev. Steve Seitz to a ten-acre field on the west side of Jasper with instructions to plant a church.
11.27.1988 103 people attend the first worship service, held at jasper civic auditorium
06.04.1989 Shiloh United Methodist church was officially chartered with a congregation of approx. 50 members from the Jasper and Ireland area.
04.22.1990 Groundbreaking ceremony for the new church building
11.04.1990 First worship service was held in the new building
06.05.1994 A second service was added to accommodate the growing congregation
01.1996 The first building expansion project began to double the building size
06.09.1996 The congregation worshiped for the first time in the newly expanded sanctuary
07.10.1999 First Saturday night contemporary worship service, originally named "the connection"
11.14.1999 The congregation celebrated the groundbreaking of another expansion project (phase 1 doubling the size again and adding 12 acres of land)
04.28.2002 New completed family life center was consecrated as a place of worship and fellowship
11.12.2004 An additional contemporary worship service was added on Sunday morning
12.07.2015 "Miracle Sunday" - the congregation celebrated and burned the family life center mortgage
For more history, click here.